By offering additional social support and motivation, group therapy can be an effective and cost-effective form of treatment for some people.
Break Free from OCD
Our Break Free from OCD program is part of an ongoing research project being conducted in conjunction with Curtin University* to improve treatments for the disorder. Treatment involves gradual exposure – where clients are asked to deliberately confront anxiety-provoking thoughts, objects, or situations. Followed by response prevention, which allows clients to stop performing them in a safe and controlled environment.
- Group programs run throughout the year – see flyer.
- We are currently accepting referrals for our next group commencing October 2019.
- Each group program runs for 10 weekly
sessionof 2 hours each. A follow-up session is held 1 month after the completion of the program.
- The cost is $120 per session paid weekly by direct debit.
- Medicare rebates reduce the cost to $87.85 per session.
- Additional rebates may apply through Medicare and Private Health Funds.
- Group therapy is held at our Claremont Clinic – times and dates to be provided on enquiry.
*Curtin University Human Research Ethics Committee has approved this study (HRE2018-0235).
Monday to Thursday 9am – 7pm
Friday 9am – 4pm
Saturday 9am – 2:30pm
34 Coghlan Road,
Subiaco, Perth, 6008, WA
Level 1/20 Bayview Tce Claremont, Perth, 6010, WA
Copyright © 2017
Lawson Clinical Psychology
All Rights Reserved