Join our team
Lawson Clinical Psychology is an established and reputable clinical psychology practice. Joining our team means working alongside experienced, dynamic professionals, and enjoying a wide range of benefits not typically found within the private sector.
Keen to join a company that is passionate about using psychological healthcare to create a better world?
Lawson Clinical Psychology is always on the lookout for talented people who are passionate, enthusiastic and confident about providing evidence-based psychological therapy, who can work independently and in a team, and who foster positive relationships within a team and those in their care.
Improving lives through excellence in psychological healthcare.
- Clinical excellence
- Warm and welcoming environment
Benefits and perks
- Pre-existing referral pathways for consistent client load, bookings, and income stability
- A variety of clinical presentations and opportunities to grow your niche area of practice
- Individualised career pathways
- Full administrative support provided by our client relationship team from 8.30 am to 7.30 pm
- We bring experts in the field to the team through our quarterly in-house professional development events tailored to the needs of the team
- Opportunities to provide group therapy programs at our West Perth location
- Beautifully appointed practice rooms in convenient locations
- Clinical research opportunities
- An experienced and well-established team of clinicians and access to individual and peer supervision
Life with Lawson Clinical Psychology
Our passion lies in delivering, developing and evaluating evidence-based psychological treatments for people of all ages. A collaborative approach allows us to enjoy lasting relationships with both our clients and other allied health professionals.
We take pride in a reputation for excellence and our focus on quality was demonstrated when the practice was selected as one of five finalists nationwide at the Australian Allied Health Awards 2018.
“There is a genuine care for personal/professional development as opposed to a push to make money for the practice. I believe this actually fosters a desire to do well for the self and the practice. Therefore the culture reflects an investment in individual’s own growth, rather than of profit.”
– Clinical Psychologist
“We are a well supported and well resourced team, there is plenty of scope to explore individual interests and practice goals, to develop new capabilities through supervision (peer and individual), logistical and pragmatic aspects are held by the client relationship team which gives clinician’s space to focus on their clinical work. It is a very supportive environment for a new clinician and a great place to undertake the registrar program.” – Clinical Psychology Registrar
Clinical Psychologist or Registrar – Private practice in West Perth/Claremont
We are seeking a clinical psychologist or clinical psychology registrar to join the growing and supportive team at Lawson Clinical Psychology. We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident individual who is passionate about providing evidence-based psychological therapy, can work independently but also enjoys working in a team environment.
About the position
The role is being offered as a full-time employed position with a remuneration structure that provides the security of a salaried position whilst also allowing you to scale your income. A CPD allowance is also included in the package. The position may be offered a part time position or contracting arrangement.
The right candidate will:
- Be passionate, enthusiastic, and confident
- Demonstrate skill and experience in providing a broad range of evidence-based psychological interventions including cognitive-behavioural therapy
- Demonstrate experience in providing psychological services to children, adolescents and/or adults
- Have a Masters and/or Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Be eligible for registration with AHPRA as an endorsed “Clinical Psychologist” or eligibility for the clinical psychology registrar program
- Be eligible for Medicare registration
- Have professional indemnity insurance
Key skills required for this role:
- Be able to function autonomously
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Willingness to take on challenges and learn new skills.
- Board-approved supervisor registered with AHPRA
- Experience or an interest in the treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Experience or an interest in working with children and adolescents.
If you think you have what it takes and would like to join our team, please email your resume, a cover letter and two referee contacts to Rebecca Jamieson, Senior Clinical Psychologist/Team Leader using the form below.
Please use the form below to contact us about new opportunities in our practice
Monday to Thursday 9am - 8pm
Friday 9 am - 4pm
Saturday 9am - 2:30pm
6 Outram Street
West Perth, 6005 WA
36 St Quentin Avenue
Claremont, 6010 WA
In the spirit of reconciliation, the Lawson Clinical Psychology acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Lawson Clinical Psychology celebrates the extraordinary diversity of people’s bodies, ability genders, sexualities and relationships that they represent.